Sunday, September 29, 2013

Vegan MoFo - Day 29

It's breakfast time!!!


Great way to use the many apples we picked last week + get in lots of hemp!

My fave waffle recipe is actually a Dreena Burton pancake recipe from Let Them Eat Vegan. I always double the recipe and use hemp milk as the nondairy milk of choice. It's great because the only sweetener in the waffle is the apple (which I grate) and hemp milk...so I feel a little less guilty about that drizzle of maple syrup. And each waffle gets about two tablespoons worth of hempseeds...what a healthy way to start the day!

I would have embellished with more fruit but I had to snap a pic, gulp it down, then feed a little hungry 4-month-old...


Yum...

http://books.google.ca/books?id=KqvMu7ipYzYC&pg=PT91&lpg=PT91&dq=dreena+burton+apple+hemp+pancakes&source=bl&ots=dEsuqF8OsD&sig=uws5cjkZK33BEhphdx_KYXOGj74&hl=en&sa=X&ei=IC5IUvKuObOs4APZq4DIDQ&ved=0CDIQ6AEwAw


No comments: