Sunday, September 15, 2013

Vegan MoFo - Day 15

I'm tired.

I have a 4-month-old who is now waking in the night more than ever, so forgive me for this short post.

I'm even too tired to really cook anything.

Enter my version of fast food! From nothing to done in 15 minutes :)


Fast Pasta

1 375g box pasta (I like fusilli - hemp seeds stick well!)
2 tbsp olive oil
4 shallots, chopped
1 can artichoke hearts in water, drained
1 28oz can diced tomatoes, drained
1 19oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp dried oregano
3/4 cup hemp seeds

Add pasta to pot with boiling water. Cook to package directions. Meanwhile, heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and cook 2 minutes. Add artichokes, tomatoes, chickpeas and seasonings. Bring to a boil then lower heat to a simmer and cook until pasta is cooked. Drain pasta then add to sauce and mix. Turn off hear and add hemp seeds and serve...easy! I like mine with a little balsamic vinegar.

No comments: