Saturday, March 31, 2012

How I Spent My Saturday Night

Easter is coming! And as much as I would love to avoid junk food with the kids, there's only so much lip balm that I can stuff into each plastic egg featured in our hunt.

I've been buying allergen-free candy for the past few holidays from the Natural Candy Store, but it's starting to get warmer and I don't want to add the freezer pack cost to the already expensive cost to ship to Canada.

So, I add yet another thing I make from scratch: chocolate Easter eggs. I bought molds and coloured foil from Bulk Barn and melted some Enjoy Life chocolate. I used a squeeze bottle, but next time I will temper the chocolate then fill a disposable icing bag to dispense.

I've also got some Easter chocolate lollipops setting to. But I don't know how to add more than one pic from the mobile blogger and arrange the order in which to present it! I would say that could be another lame project for next Saturday night, but I'll be busy doing prep for a big vegan spread that is allergy-free for little Kyson!

No comments: