Saturday, October 13, 2007

Heaven on Earth

Omigod - Isa's Chocolate Smlove Pie is to die for. I can't really say much else because it was just that darn good, as it was devoured at a family housewarming party tonight. Fortunately, Tracy and I managed to serve ourselves and our immediate family before the other vultures came along! I think most of the non-vegans who ate the pie were on too much of a chocolate high to notice or care that tofu was a main ingredient.

I was nervous about how long the recipe was in length, but happily surprised that it didn't really take much effort at all to make. I used a whole package of water-packed silken tofu that weighed more than the pound called for in the recipe, so I skipped adding the liqueur/soymilk option for the filling. It turned out great. I'm also glad that I read somewhere on the PPK to make extra maple-candied pecans - what a great little snack to have leftover!

Honestly though, anyone who hasn't already made this should really do so immediately! I can't believe I had stored this recipe in the back of my mind for as long as I did!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That really does look like Heaven on Earth. I'm going to go look up the recipe now.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

oh my goodness gracious. that old saying, "a picture speaks 1000 words" ? this Chocolate Smlove Pie is the epitome of that saying.

Judy said...

Mmm, that pie looks so delicious, and gourmet too. Must be fun to trick non-vegs!