Thursday, April 05, 2007

Sweet 16

The youngest of our two cool teens turned 16 on Tuesday, and the five of us celebrated the big event last night, complete with VCTOTW's basic chocolate cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting. The liners featured Strawberry Shortcake, as per Princess's request.



It was worth the indulgence. Of course, we sent the birthday girl packing with a few cupcake leftovers so we wouldn't eat them.

As the book suggests, I added 1 tsp of rosewater to the icing for a sweet sixteen scent.

Aahh, to be young again.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that frosting looks so very very good. I'd kill for some of that ;)

Unknown said...

So pretty! Those are perfect for a sweet 16!

PS - I would have gladly taken a few of those off your hands so you wouldn't have to worry about eating them!

bazu said...

They really do look perfect for a sweet 16. I'm inspired to bake some cupcakes now! Happy birthday to the lucky princess!

Amey said...

fun!
I hope your 16 year old had a great birthday...
:)

n/a said...

Yum! I haven't used any vegan food colorings yet, but I think it would be fun to add color to the cuppers. :0

Kati said...

Oh, these are so sweet! Hope she had a great birthday!

Pamela said...

Those are very pretty!

I think I'm allergic to olive oil (I KNOW I'm allergic to it topically) so my cupcake making has been pretty limited since earth balance products contain a lot of olive oil. Have you tried the chocolate mousse icing from VCTOTW? It's divine.

Annelie said...

Wow! The cupcakes looks so nice! I am impressed. I wish I had them for my birthday, the frosting looks amazing.