Sunday, March 18, 2007

The Pounds Go Marching one by one...

I haven't posted lately because our menu has been following a rather routine pattern. We have green smoothies for breakfast, combining fruit such as bananas, pineapple, mango, papaya, or berries with greens such as spinach, kale, romaine or parsley. Every day, I try a different combination. For mid-morning snack, a fruit salad and dried fruit and nuts. At lunch, we have a salad, guacamole and/or leftovers from the night before. Dinner consists of a steamed green vegetable, beans, chickpeas or lentils and occasionally, brown rice or pasta. I haven't felt that much of this was worth taking a photo. That doesn't mean that I'm not totally enjoying what we are eating. In total, I've lost 8 lbs, and Pete has lost 10. But more importantly, I have much, much more energy than I've ever had. I don't sleep less, but I feel very positive and energetic during the day.

I tried a new recipe from the same Vegetarian Times article that Sarah last posted about - this one is Napa Cabbage Salad with Peanut Dressing.



The napa cabbage was refreshing and really pretty after grating with a mandoline. The peanut sauce was out of this world with very little added oil. I could have eaten the whole bowl.

I did make Fat-free Oatmeal Cookies since Pete begged for cookies, but they didn't last long enough for a photo. Super good.

6 comments:

Kati said...

Mmmm that salad looks delicious - I'm crazy for peanut sauce.

Congrats on the weight loss! =)

Unknown said...

Mandolines scare me to death after slicing off a chunk of my thumb :(

You don't have pounds to lose!!! But good to hear that you feel great.

Tracy said...

Hate to say this, but Pete sliced off a chunk of his thumb shredding the napa :(

Melissa said...

Ouch, poor Pete! Congrats on the weight loss...I've been losing too, and still enjoying my food :)

Everyday Superhero said...

Good to see that you're posting again. That dish looks divine.
The Veggie Vixen (AKA Sweet Pea)

Anonymous said...

Good words.