Monday, November 06, 2006

My First (of many, I'm sure) Cupcakes

I’m anxiously waiting for my copy of VCTOTW to arrive, so in the meantime I made the Lemon Gem Cupcakes from VwaV.



Obviously my cupcake decorating skills are in need of some practice. But they are scrumptious, absolutely delicious, words cannot convey how good they are. I’m not really a baker, at least I don’t bake too many things, nor am I a cake fan, but I think I could get seriously addicted to cupcakes. Dust off the treadmill.

On Saturday night, I was in need of some comfort food, so I improvised a sun-dried tomato porcini mushroom spinach dish. I’ll do my best to recall the recipe.




Sun-dried Tomato Porcini Mushroom Spinach Pasta

1 tblsp oil from oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
2 cloves minced garlic
½ cup white wine
¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
½ cup dried porcini mushrooms, reconstituted in boiling water, drained and reserved
1 can chickpeas
2 cups baby spinach
1 box farfalle pasta

Cook pasta according to directions. Heat oil in wok. Saute garlic for a few minutes. Add wine, sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms, chickpeas, and spinach. Add reserved mushroom water if more liquid is required. Toss with pasta.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yummy! Where's my invite for pasta leftovers and cupcakes???

I am also worried about packing on the pounds as a result of VCTOTW...I think I may need to up my attendance at Body Pump even more...

Anonymous said...

Yeah... watch out for the Cupcake addiction... it's hard to shake! But, all things in moderation, right?