Sunday, November 19, 2006

Isa Pizza!

After seeing way too many blogs with Isa Pizza from VwaV, I decided to try it myself! I first made my own whole wheat dough in my breadmaker:


I then made the Tofu Basil Ricotta, as well as the Basil Pesto. I used plain tomato paste as the sauce, then added the ricotta and pesto as instructed. I piled on the mushrooms, but decided to omit the olives:

After baking:

This was SOOOOOO good. Thank goodness my dough recipe makes two pizzas! I'll definitely be making this again soon!

I also baked up some cookies that I kept in the freezer - individually frozen, so that I would bake up a few when necessary. Kyle likes these alot, and feels like it's breakfast in a cookie. I only have a pic of the 'before' shot, as I forgot to take a pic of the 'after'. I thought I'd make up for it by including my tasty recipe.

Sarah's Yummy Vegan Cookies

¾ cup chopped pecans or walnuts

¾ cup chopped almonds

2 ½ cups large flake oats (not instant or rapid)

1 ½ cups chocolate chips

1 cup all-purpose flour

¾ cup whole wheat flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

½ teaspoon salt

1 mashed banana

1 ½ cups Sucanat

1 cup Earth Balance

1 teaspoon vanilla

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.

2. In a medium bowl, mix nuts, oats and chocolate chips. Set aside.

3. In a smaller bowl, sift together flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.

4. In a large bowl, cream together banana, Sucanat, Earth Balance and vanilla until very smooth. With a wooden spoon, add flour mixture to banana mixture and stir until combined. Add oats mixture to banana/flour mixture, and stir until combined.

5. Drop a tablespoonful of dough onto lined cookie sheets (or use a small scoop!). Flatten each mound of dough with the greased bottom of a measuring cup. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden, but not brown (they may look underdone, but as they cool they will harden and stay chewy!). Cool on sheets for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

6. Store in an airtight container. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

we LOVE our vegan pizza in our house! yours looks so awesome.. I have been visiting your blog and am love in it..
nice to see some other vegan familys out there in blogland
take care
Julee

Tracy said...

Did you pre-bake the pizza crust or add toppings to raw dough?

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment Julee! I really like your site too - vegans rawk!

Tracy - I did prebake the crust at 450 degrees for 5 minutes to avoid any potential sogginess. I then put on the tomato paste, ricotta, pesto and raw mushrooms.

Anonymous said...

Very, very beautiful pizza! I'm also a big Isa Pizza fan.